TG-1 * Transgallaxys Forum 1

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SWEDEN: What drives some LTU academics to behave like psychopaths?  (Read 744 times)

Ayumi

[*quote*]
The darkness of Lulea

Lulea University of Technology is a dark and violent place, according to these victim accounts. Bullying, blackmail, sexual nepotism, robbery and even threats of physical violence and even of murder are not unheard of. LTU leadership seems to be part of the problem, and money plays a role.
[*/quote*]

[*quote*]
by Leonid Schneider
August 7, 2019

Luleå University of Technology (LTU) is located in the far north of Sweden, near the Arctic Circle. Light is sparse there, and so is apparently basic human decency. Winters are long, dark and cold, maybe this is what drives some LTU academics to behave like psychopaths. The following story is in two parts, as it presents two separate cases in the same department at LTU, the Department of Engineering Sciences and Mathematics. All names are known to me, I spoke with victims and witnesses, and received a number of documents. The rector Birgitta Bergvall-Kåreborn and other LTU leaders never replied to my officially delivered emails, which suggests they do not dispute the events described below.

In the first case, an assistant professor S was coerced under threat of sacking into producing research papers for the PhD student B whom she was ...
[*/quote*]

go on reading:
https://forbetterscience.com/2019/08/07/the-darkness-of-lulea/

Écrasez l'infâme!

RUEBENKRAUT

Re: SWEDEN: What drives some LTU academics to behave like psychopaths?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 05:28:04 AM »

UPDATE:

https://twitter.com/schneiderleonid/status/1159032062621442048

[*quote*]
Leonid Schneider @schneiderleonid
3m3 minutes ago

Update: A case of an allegedly bullied postdoc has been removed (at least temporarily) because the source changed her mind about having her story published and announced suicide.
[*/quote*]
Pages: [1]