TG-1 * Transgallaxys Forum 1

Advanced search  

News:

Saskatchewan research reveals controversial insecticides are toxic to songbirds

######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ########

Religion is hate. Hate must be stopped.
There is no excuse for indoctrinating hate.

######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ########
Warnung: Nazimethoden bei Twitter.
Alle Accounts in Gefahr!
Twitter ist dumm wie Schifferscheiße!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: St. Regis: US$599 for an instant degree  (Read 519 times)

FRAUENPOWER

St. Regis: US$599 for an instant degree
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »

[*quote*]
This is Google's cache of http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20080829-84944.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 1 Sep 2008 01:06:49 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

These search terms are highlighted: st regis university 

Bookmark us | About us | Advertise | Login | Register

SINGAPORE  |  MALAYSIA  |  ASIA  |  WORLD  |  BUSINESS  |  CRIME  |  SHOWBIZ  |  SPORTS  |  TECH  |  HEALTH 

>> ASIAONE / NEWS / EDUCATION / STORY

Mon, Sep 01, 2008
The Straits Times

US$599 for an instant degree

By Sandra Davie

JUST how easy is it to get a doctorate from a degree mill? To put it to the test, The Straits Times applied for a doctorate for my pet beagle Harry two weeks ago.

All I did was go to www.ashwooduniversity.net, fill in his name (Harry Doggy), date of birth (Nov 19), age (I multiplied his seven dog years by seven for the equivalent in human years and put down 49)and work-life experience - where I wrote 'spent years studying the interactions between people and animals'.

I then clicked on a Doctorate in Social and Behavioural Sciences, costing US$599 (S$850), one of the cheapest in the market. I also chose his grade point average (GPA). A GPA of 3.0 comes free, but anything above 3.5 with Latin honours (summa cum laude) costs another US$60.

Within 15 hours, the experience evaluation committee of Ashwood University which claimed to be in Humble, Texas, sent a congratulatory e-mail to Harry Doggy saying that the '10-member evaluation committee' at Ashwood University had 'approved' him for a doctorate in social and behavioural sciences.

The degree would be issued once payment was received, which could be done in instalment plans over a month.

I keyed in my credit card details. And just like that, Harry Doggy was on his way to becoming one of the doctorate holders in Singapore and perhaps Singapore's smartest beagle.

No need to sit through admission interviews with faculty and alumni, submit multiple citations, or labour over a 100,000-word dissertation.
[*/quote*]

The original article still is online at
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20080829-84944.html
Pages: [1]