TG-1 * Transgallaxys Forum 1

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: IT-Nazis in Kentucky  (Read 290 times)

Ayumi

IT-Nazis in Kentucky
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »

Klicken Sie auf diesen Link:
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/man-sentenced-to-years-in-death-of-late-wife-s/article_0d79a2fb-744b-57ea-9693-d037c29bd8cd.html

und Sie erhalten diese Meldung:

[*quote*]
451: Unavailable for legal reasons

We recognise you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore cannot grant you access at this time. For any issues, e-mail us at webeditor@bgdailynews.com or call us at 270-781-1700.

[*/quote*]

Was paßt den IT-Nazis nicht? Daß sie uns nicht ausspionieren dürfen.

Was steht in dem Artikel? Google hilft (ungekürzt):

[*quote*]
Dies ist der Cache von Google von
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/man-sentenced-to-years-in-death-of-late-wife-s/article_0d79a2fb-744b-57ea-9693-d037c29bd8cd.html

Es handelt sich dabei um ein Abbild der Seite, wie diese am 10. Juni 2018 01:44:38 GMT angezeigt wurde. Die aktuelle Seite sieht mittlerweile eventuell anders aus. Weitere Informationen.
Vollständige VersionNur-Text-VersionQuelle anzeigen
Tipp: Um deinen Suchbegriff schnell auf dieser Seite zu finden, drücke Strg+F bzw. ⌘-F (Mac) und verwende die Suchleiste.

Home
News
Obituaries
Sports
Opinion
Classifieds
Jobs
Events
e-Edition
Bridge erosion project presents opportunity for parks connection
Bridge erosion project presents opportunity for parks connection
BG man indicted on charges of rape, kidnapping
Juneteenth celebration lifts up African-American artists, entrepreneurs
Logan camp introduces children to dance

Home News

breaking
Man sentenced to 12 years in death of late wife's caregiver

By JUSTIN STORY jstory@bgdailynews.com Jun 5, 2018 Updated Jun 5, 2018 0

Facebook
    Twitter
    Email
    Print
    Save

Like most previous Thursdays, Omer Ahmetovic arrived at Fountain Square Church on March 2, 2017, for the weekly fellowship service.

Court records indicate Ahmetovic drove to the service almost directly from the office of naturopathic caregiver Juan Gonzalez, having just shot Gonzalez dead.

Lead pastor Roger Ryan noticed a shift in Ahmetovic’s demeanor from previous encounters.

“He was very downcast, very broken. I thought it was because he was still dealing with the funeral and the passing of his wife,” Ryan said Tuesday at the sentencing hearing for Ahmetovic in Warren Circuit Court. “It was only later on that I put the pieces together.”

Ahmetovic, 36, was sentenced to 12 years in prison on charges of second-degree manslaughter and tampering with physical evidence.

He was accused of causing the death of Gonzalez, 59, at the practice that doubled as his residence and pleaded guilty to the charges in March.

“As much as I want to hate with every fiber of my being the man responsible for robbing the world of my dad, I can’t,” Karina McCracken, one of Gonzalez’s daughters, said in court Tuesday. “I think of (Ahmetovic’s) children, who are also victims. ... I don’t think my dad would want me to harbor such anger.”

Gonzalez had treated Ahmetovic’s wife, Fikreta Ibrisevic, for several months in 2016 following a cancer diagnosis.

Ibrisevic’s health worsened, and she died in February 2017.

At the time of the shooting, Ahmetovic had an active lawsuit against Gonzalez in which the caregiver was accused of fraud, negligence, battery, practicing medicine without a license, intentional infliction of emotional distress and violating the Kentucky Consumer Protection Act.

The lawsuit featured allegations that Gonzalez dissuaded Ibrisevic from seeking chemotherapy to treat her cancer.

Ibrisevic began treatments that included buying herbs from Gonzalez, massages, foot soaks and dietary instructions, but she developed six additional tumors and was told by two naturopathic experts that she had a toxic reaction to an excessive amount of herbs, according to the lawsuit.

Ahmetovic’s attorney, Alan Simpson, requested probation, alleging in a motion filed May 29 that Ahmetovic learned from his wife shortly before her death that Gonzalez had also molested her in the guise of examining her tumor.

“That’s when things started to take a very dark turn in this case,” Simpson said Tuesday.

Simpson requested probation for Ahmetovic after serving 18 months, with provisions made for Ahmetovic to complete anger management and grief counseling programs, remain in psychotherapy as long as necessary and perform 1,000 hours of community service through his church.

Dr. Eric Drogin, a clinical psychologist, testified over the phone that he visited Ahmetovic four times at Warren County Regional Jail last year and conducted a psychological evaluation that led him to conclude that Ahmetovic acted under extreme emotional disturbance at the time of the shooting.

Ryan and two other witnesses, Bob Hammond and Alan Faehner, testified on Ahmetovic’s behalf, informing the court that they were certain Ahmetovic would not commit another offense if he were placed on probation.

Hammond and Faehner lead Bible study classes at Hillvue Heights Church, which Ahmetovic attended.

Hammond said he visited Ahmetovic and his wife at their home each week to pray with them.

“I was so impressed the way he loved her ... in his actions and how he took care of her,” Hammond said of Ahmetovic and his wife. “He had to carry her from the bedroom to the couch for me to see her ... he was looking for any remedy he could find to give her relief. It was gut-wrenching for me.”
advertisement

Responding to a question from Warren Circuit Judge Steve Wilson, Hammond said he was not sure if anyone at church asked Ahmetovic about who Ibrisevic was seeing for treatment, but the couple had stopped seeing Gonzalez by the time he met them.

Faehner said he knew of Ahmetovic and his wife as a couple who would make meals for the homeless who attended weekly services at Fountain Square Church.

Amanda Pharris, another daughter of Gonzalez, said her father had a passion for learning that led him into naturopathy.

Pharris said Ahmetovic and his wife made the choice to seek Gonzalez for care, but Gonzalez had no choice in his death.

“There is peace in knowing my dad found happiness, but there’s also sadness that his chosen career led to his death,” Pharris said in court.

Warren County Commonwealth’s Attorney Chris Cohron said discussions with Gonzalez’s family about resolving the case were difficult.

“This is without question a very unusual case,” Cohron said. “I do have a great deal of sympathy for Mr. Ahmetovic and what he went through with his wife.”

The prosecutor argued, though, that the circumstances surrounding the case did not justify Ahmetovic’s actions.

Wilson agreed with Cohron’s argument when he sentenced Ahmetovic.

“There were other ways to handle this without you taking the law into your own hands,” Wilson said to Ahmetovic. “I wish you would have reached out to these fine pastors and told them of your struggle ... they would have helped you find peace.”

– Follow courts reporter Justin Story on Twitter @jstorydailynews or visit bgdailynews.com.

Facebook
    Twitter
    Email
    Print
    Save

4 remaining of 5

Welcome! We hope that you enjoy our free content.
+1
Omer Ahmetovic

Omer Ahmetovic
+1
Man accused of killing doctor has active lawsuit against him

Juan Gonzalez
Justin Story

RECOMMENDED

These 6 Things Make Your Arthritis and Joint Pain Worse
    5 Early Symptoms of Cancer
    Early Warning Signs of a Heart Attack Revealed
    Will Jesus Ever Return? Some Wonder.