TG-1 * Transgallaxys Forum 1

Advanced search  

News:

We are Allaxys
We moved our news front to http://www.allaxys.com

The Forum 1 on Transgallaxys.com is only a backup archive!

Twin Update 8.5.2023

Because of their sabotage the Net nazis
"Amazon Data Services Nova", Ashburn, United States
"Amazon Data Services" Singapore
"Amazon Data Services" Japan
ARE BLOCKED

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Mistress: "If it's too much for you, I'll send you back to Hitler."  (Read 1334 times)

Thymian

Schon Charles Dickens beschrieb die "Freundlichkeit" und "Herzlichkeit" seiner Landsleute im Umgang mit Armen, Kranken und Abhängigen.  Die Enthüllungen über die Zustände in kirchlichen (und anderen) Kinderheimen des 20. Jahrhunderts haben erst in den letzten Jahren den Weg in die Öffentlichkeit gefunden. Was im Zweiten Weltkrieg geschah? Wer am Leben bleiben wollte, mußte schweigen.

Doch jetzt reden sie.

[*quote*]
8 March 2012 Last updated at 00:22 GMT

Nazi persecution saw Jews flee abroad as servants
By Mario Cacciottolo
BBC News

As the Nazis tightened their grip on power in the late 1930s, Jews in Germany and Austria began to fear for their safety. Many fled abroad using well-documented methods such as the Kindertransport. But less well known is the story of thousands of Jewish women who fled to the UK by getting jobs as domestic servants.
[...]

"My first job in England was very, very hard," she says. "I had to work from 8am to 11pm with an hour's break, cleaning and scrubbing and looking after the house, with half a day off a week.

"After a few weeks I complained, saying it's a bit too hard. The lady of the house said, 'If it's too much for you, I'll send you back to Hitler.'"
[*/quote*]

more:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16942741
.         Im Angesicht von Gewalt ist Höflichkeit gegenstandslos.
.         At face with violence politeness is pointless.

.         (User TNT in the former CDU forum)
--------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------- * ---------------------------------------
Pages: [1]